KAMPALA Uganda (Xinhua) --
Seven people from the same family were killed by
a fire when it ravaged their grass thatched hut in the eastern
Ugandan district of Bukedea on Tuesday evening, a police
spokesperson said Wednesday.
Michael Odongo, East
Kyoga regional police spokesperson, told Xinhua by telephone
that the tragic incident happened after a jerrycan containing
petrol caught fire at Amutoro village in Bukedea trading center
at around 20:00 local time.
He said the woman
who was cooking from outside their hut carried the charcoal
stove inside the house leading to the deadly fire.
“The seven died of
horrific burns. The family has been dealing in illegal business
of selling petrol,” said Odongo.
Odongo said the
badly charred bodies were taken to Aturutur Hospital for a
postmortem before handing them to the relatives for burial.