THE MOST FROM THE COAST !

..


 Coastweek website


XINHUA NEWS SERVICE REPORTS FROM THE AFRICAN CONTINENT

 

Kenya confirms 75 deaths from cholera outbreak since January

NAIROBI (Xinhua) -- Kenya’s health authorities on Tuesday confirmed the death of 75 people from cholera in the past five months.

Jackson Kioko, the director of medical services in the ministry of health, said that 4,954 people had been infected with the disease that was first reported in the country in January.

“Nineteen counties have been affected, nine of these counties have managed to successfully contain the outbreak while 10 counties currently continue to report new cases of cholera on a daily basis,” Kioko said in a statement issued in Nairobi.

He said that in response to the outbreak, the ministry has provided laboratory support by distributing testing kits and testing of referred samples at The National Public Health Laboratories, conducting risk communication through issuance of alerts and enhancing surveillance through active case search in health facilities and within communities.

Kioko said that the government continues to provide technical and logistical support to the affected regions.

             

 

Remember: you read it first at coastweek.com !


 

TO ADVERTISE ON THIS WEB SITE:  www.coastweek.com
Please contact

MOMBASA - GULSHAN JIVRAJ, Mobile: 0722 775164 Tel: (+254) (41) 2230130 /
Wireless: 020 3549187 e-mail: info@coastweek.com

NAIROBI - ANJUM H. ASODIA, Mobile: 0733 775446 Tel: (+254) (020) 3744459
e-mail: anjum@asodia.co.ke

 
    © Coastweek Newspapers Limited               Tel: (+254) (41) 2230130  |  Wireless: 020 3549187  |  E-mail: info@coastweek.com