NAIROBI (Xinhua) --
Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta
on Thursday expressed shock following news that there were no
survivors at the crash site of the missing small plane in
Kenyatta said he was deeply saddened and
his government will offer any assistance to the families of
those who perished in the plane crash.
"They can be sure that there will be a full review of our
procedures, so that we can all understand how this tragedy
happened," he said in a statement.
There were no survivors among the 10 people aboard the plane
that crashed at the peak of the Aberdare ranges.
Kenyatta’s statement came as search and rescue teams started
evacuating the bodies of the eight passengers and two crew of
the Fly-SAX whose wreckage was found in the Aberdare forest.
Officers from the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF), Kenya Wildlife
Service (KWS), Kenya Red Cross and Kenya Civil Aviation
Authority (KCAA) said the bodies that were brought down from the
mountainous crash site on Thursday evening will be airlifted to
Nairobi for identification
The search teams said they have also recovered the black box
from the Cessna C208 aircraft, which was on its way to Nairobi
from Kitale in western Kenya and was reported missing on Tuesday
after it went off the radar minutes after taking off from the
Paul Maringa, Principal Secretary in the Ministry of
Transport, had earlier told journalists in Nairobi that the
search team confirmed the deaths after reaching the point where
the 12-capacity aircraft crashed.